Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm a conditioner junkie...

I have come to this realization...Other products, not so much...I don't know why I've never figured this out...

During some cleaning and consolodating, I found no less that 14 types of conditioners in various sizes...Wow...I'm shame...

I'm the queen of "Quit buying random garbage", and I've got a gang of said garbage...

But eh...

Anyhoo...I tried this pretty decent conditioner the other day, lol...

It's nothing to write home about, but the ingredients are pretty good...It's Esencia by Samy. I bought it from Kroger on sale, and have a little rebate certificate so it's essentially free...Which is why I bought it...($7.99)


I used it for my co-wash, so I was rating it based on what I need a co-wash conditioner to do...The main requirement is detangle...I'd give this conditioner a B-. Now let me qualify this grade with the fact that if I had more time for detangling, maybe would have gotten a solid B. I don't want to be detangling for more than 3 to 5 minutes...That's the cut off for me...

It's 97.1% natural with certified organic ingredients...

Purified Water, USP, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract**, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract**, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Jasmine Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citrus Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

It's goal is to replenish moisture and restore manageability.

After my hair dried, it was decent...My curls were light and not coated. It just wasn't the Liquid Soul Train I'm looking for...

No comments: