Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I broke down...

No...I didn't get no funky perm...

I broke down and shampooed my hair...I was trying to co-wash exclusively for the winter, but I couldn't do it. I HATE excessive build up, and clarifying doesn't do it for me on a continuous basis...I just like to shampoo...

OH and another reason why I broke down is that I was trying out some new shampoo bars that I bought... ;) (that's the reason more than anything...)

I bought some shampoo bar samples from Chagrin Valley Soap.


I bought a few samples, but I used the:

Babassu & Marsh Mallow Shampoo Bar
Here's the "blurb" about the bar:
Emollient rich, deeply nourishing babassu oil moisturizes, and restores hair strength and elasticity, for shiny, healthy-looking hair. Camellia oil provides luster and shine, while it moisturizes, softens, and protects hair. Women from the Japanese island of Oshima, where Camellia tress are very abundant, are said to have the most beautiful hair. A shampoo formulated with camellia oil may help with dandruff and hair loss. Walnut oil, an excellent hair care oil, helps condition hair. Shea butter and avocado oil moisturize, restore luster, and conditioner the hair and scalp. We infused the march mallow in grapeseed oil and created a mucilage, by mixing organic marsh mallow root with filtered rainwater and organic aloe. Marsh mallow root soothes and hydrates the hair and scalp, providing relief from scalp irritation. It also detangles and provides a great natural moisturizer for hair. Aloe strengthens the hair shaft, makes hair smoother, silkier, and more manageable. The essential oil blend has lovely floral and spice scent. Ylang ylang, has a stimulating effect on the scalp which helps promote more luxurious hair. Ylang ylang and lemon help balance the production of sebum making them good oils for all hair types. A Chinese folk remedy recommends rubbing ginger root on the scalp to stop hair loss. Essential oils of lemon and ginger also help restore body and shine.

Did ya get all of that????

I can dig it...Lots of talk, but I appreciate the education and information. I mean really, so many products have so much to say, but really never say anything, right? Well obviously they're into educating...
Anyway, if you haven't tried a shampoo bar, this is a great opportunity. The samples are pretty cheap, so you can buy a few to see how you like it. The downside is that they run of of product often, so there may be a type here or there that you cant order until they're finished curing...
I lathered up twice with the bar. My hair was SQUEAKY clean...It was almost scary. It squeaked and screamed every time I touched it. It was crazy...My hair almost had an attitude with me...seriously...It literally stripped it completely down...I think I shouldn't have shampooed twice...ONCE would have been plenty, but with EVERY shampoo I've used, I have to shampoo...rinse...repeat...
It doesn't smell like much of anything...kinda medicinal...kinda minty...but it's really good stuff...My husband wont let me buy it again (pouts) because he said it looks and feels no better than the soap I make. He doesnt see the point. (BUSTER!)
Here's a picture of the super clean hair...Shhh....Do you hear that? It's my hair squeaking...


2 comments:

Apearl said...

I ordered a few of the sample sized shampoo bars! Thanks for the review on them!

Clyde and Angela said...

Thanks for this info. I ordered several sample bars. I tried the Babassu & Marsh Mallow Shampoo Bar yesterday and I liked it. I will try the others randomly :-)