Friday, September 26, 2008

Give us free!!!

Lawd! Jesus! Sweet Baby Jesus...

Looka here-ra...Can we talk? Seriously...Naw...We aint bout to talk...I'm bout to preach...

One of the things I get sometimes from women is HOW to get their hair "curly"...These questions ALWAYS come from the newly nappy or actively transitioning. Oftentimes we get an image in our heads of HOW we want our hair to look without understanding that we need to learn to accept and love what we have...

Sure, I have a TON of products and such listed on this blog, but at the end of the day, I live with the premise of the products aid and enhance what you have...Products are suppose to improve your situation (moisturize, condition, aid in STYLING), NOT create something that's not there in the first place. I don't care HOW much you spend on x,y,z product...This natural hair journey isn't about a cute style or texture...It's about loving and acceptING what God has given YOU...

PREACH REE! I'm tryin'...

So...what do you do...? First...dunk your head in water...When you come out of the water, what do you see? Curls??? Like for real...Don't be pulling out the magnifying glass, either...Yes, well then THERE YOU GO...No, then THERE YOU GO...There's nothing out there that is going to CREATE curls...Well let me adjust that statement...If you pile on like a ton of it, you probably will "make" something happen, but you'll also look like you're rockin' a SERIOUS jherri curl...If you have to use significantly MORE product than what the directions call for, you need to go to jail...Please, stop...

We need to work on LOVING what we've been born with...Embrace what you have been blessed with. I understand that society has totally JACKED us and made us believe that our texture and hair aren't beautiful, but it's up to US to change that perspective...

I've heard it said that the African American community sets the trends for popular culture...Why not hair as well???? I think it has something to do with us...Seriously...If Shaniqua can "Drop it like it's hot" with so much confidence, why can't she ALSO wear her NATURAL crown of glory with the same confidence??? I don't TOTALLY buy the "society did this to me" or "men have devalued women"...We have to take responsibility for ourselves and look in the mirror and start accepting EXACTLY what we see...

We're beautiful...With all of our kinks and coils...We're gorgeous with our 80% shrinkage...We're sexy with our poofs... Be encouraged...Seriously...If this offended anyone...I'm DEEPLY sorry...I'm just telling it like I see it...Love what God has given you...WHATEVER it is...We're fearfully and wonderously made...in PERFECTION...

Let's sing... Come on!!!!!!!!




5 comments:

Amina said...

AMEN!!
i never understood this obsession with curl activator or making my hair curly..
i feel we're back to a relaxer mindset: i want my hair straight, i want my hair curly, blah blah blah
all i want is my hair healthy...
i also have tons of products but that's mostly for moisturizing purposes..i am searching for my miracle moisturizer

Anonymous said...

Preach Amina!

You're right! It's the same type of mindset!

msjaim said...

what u wrote is one of the main reasons Im staying away from hair boards.. I love ur blog lady!

Mikkimu said...

Our minds think alike. I love how you just throw it out there. When I decided to go natural, I was like "DO OR DIE"...whatever it looks like, I'mma love it! I luuuv your blog!

Anonymous said...


HOW I GAIN BACK MY HAIR WITH THE HLPE OF DR OPINGO.
Thank you once again Dr OPINGO i now have long and thick hair that people always love and cherish, some years ago i fell sick and my hair were cut off, after the illness i try all my possible best to bring back my natural hair no way.But i am eating very well. I have ask so many question on internet on how to gain back my long and thick hair and i have also use so many chemical like antidruf contaning ketoconazo and tugain and many other chemical just to make sure i gain back my hair, i have follow so many advice online to bring back my hair and know one have work. I was online one day and i saw a testimony that Dr OPINGO help people to grow back their natural hair, i email him immediately and explain everything about how i loose my hair, DR OPINGO told me not to worry that i am on the right place to have my hair back, and DR ask me to send my information to start growing the hair i was so surprise because i never believe this will work, after doing what DR ask my to do i was so surprise after three weeks my natural hair start to grow more than before, and now i have a very long and thick natural hair, friends i will advice you to meet this good DR, nothing i have not done but when i email DR my story was change you can reach DR email(alterofcandletemple05@gmail.com).