Monday, October 6, 2008

By request!

I got a request for my 'Licious Hair butter, so here it is...

for 16 oz.

8 oz Unrefined (or Raw) Shea Butter
4 oz Sweet Almond Oil
1 oz Glycerine
1 oz Castor Oil
2 oz Rose Water (or distilled water)

Zap the Shea in the microwave for about 20 seconds just to loosen it up (may be a little longer depending on your microwave, but you want it to be soft but DEFINITELY not melted). Mix it with in a blender (or by hand if you're Super Woman), until it's fluffy...Slowly add in the oils mixing constantly (important to whip to get air incorporated into the situation), finally when everything is smooth and blended, add the rose water...TAH DAH!!!!

This hair butter is pretty light, as straight shea butter is too heavy for my hair. It will literally melt in your hands. Store in a jar for I've got no clue how long because I usually can't keep this stuff in the house...I give it to friends and family...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you use this as a daily moisturizer? Or what is it actually used for?