Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The colder months...

Okay...As we approach the fall, I have to change my hair routine...

It's really funny. I used to get all stressed out a certain times wondering why my hair was always sooo dry. It didn't occur to me for a long time that it was because of the weather...Duh!

I think that everyone could benefit from switching their hair routine for the cooler months. Especially if you tend to have dry hair like moi. Wearing protective styles, adding humectants, reducing the number of times I wash (co-wash or poo-wash) all help me to maintain length during the winter and keep my hair from drying out...

So starting a couple of weeks ago, I've started wearing my buns and updos. These are my protective styles. I jazz them up with hair doo-dads...For someone else, protective styles may include braids, weaves, twists, etc...Just do something to keep your hair away from the elements for awhile. And I try to comb/brush less.

As far as products are concerned, I up my hot oil treatments. My hair gets SUPA, DUPA DRY in the winter, and sucks up every bit of moisture it comes in contact with...Seriously...

No comments: