Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ummm...Please don't talk to my hair....

It can't respond to you...

That's what I want to tell people...If you're nappy, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...If you're not yet, just you wait! It's coming...

The STARES....

People don't mean any harm (at least most dont), but they're curious. Most (I'mma say 80%) wont come right out and say, "Hey, how'd you get your hair like that?", but will take quick glances at your hair during conversations...It's normal...

Those that do get the nerve to ask about my hair always ask THAT question, "How do you get your hair like that?". At first when I was all millitant, mad at the "man" and the system, I'd say, "Like what?", knowing FULL well what they were asking...(Shaking my head)...All mad at everybody like, "What? What? You aint seen naps before??? Get the perm outcha head, and maybe you can find out, sucka!" Okay...I wasn't THAT bad, but that's what I thought...

But c'mon...Seriously...Natural hair is in the minority. We're a curious bunch...And to look at the postive side, I've NEVER met one person who said, "EWWWWW!!!! It looks like death!!!" They've always wanted to know how it does what it does, and marvel when I say, "Baby, it just DOES it..."

1 comment:

CoCo said...

LOL...I love this post, and I know exactly what you mean.